The Competitive Armenian Private Sector Program (CAPS) in collaboration with the Russian Armenian State University established a career center for graduates and students looking to work in the tourism industry.
This effort originated from CAPS— USAID funding but is the result of both Slavonic University and CAPS commitment to improving the employment opportunities for graduates while increasing their competitive advantage.
The value to employers is access to a more highly qualified and "work ready" group of candidates, in addition to possible funding that for internship placements.
The Tourism Career Center, called the Tourism Bridge, was established in early August 2007 and remains open and available to students or graduates of any Armenian University or College.
Creating a user account will give you greater access to resources and is necessary for employers to post job vacancies. Students will need to have a completed log in account to be matched for jobs and considered for internships. So create your account now by signing up.
So it is your First Visit to the Career Center?
- Welcome. You will probably be asked to fill out a simple application or information sheet which includes things such as: name, address, phone, two contacts, current job status, current or most recent job title, and a small listing of skills. Also you may be asked for a current CV. This allows staff to review one of your most important job seeking tools. The information gathered is put into a database for future tracking.
- The staff may take a few minutes to explain what you can do here in the Career Center, or simply begin to address the reason for your visit. For your benefit we have available resources such as: copy machine, internet and/or computers for CV preparation, books, sample forms, and so on. If there are restrictions on the use of the use internet, staff will tell you about that too.
- You will be told how job placement and internship programs work and be able to register for them if you are looking for employment.
- You should also pick up a flier on hours of operation and upcoming workshops or networking groups
I am back again, now what?
- Most of the time you will be asked to sign in or log your activity so we can note the purpose for your visit. This is important for the Center because it allows us to demonstrate to the University and groups that fund us the level of activity and service we provide. On the other hand, it is important to you so we can keep a record of your accomplishments and not be repetitive in our suggestions.
- As you be come more familiar with us and we become more familiar with you, your visits will be pretty independent. You will come in knowing what you need. So whether it is to print a CV, check an internet job placement board, do career research, or respond to a job opening you will feel comfortable coming in and working somewhat on your own.
- Staff will follow up with you on any job leads, referrals, and collect job placement information we hope you will remain willing to share your successes with us.