PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL LAW AND INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS LAW
The Public International Law (PIL) and International Human Rights Law (IHRL) Summer School will take place on July 9-14 at Russian-Armenian University. The summer course is organized by Russian-Armenian University (RAU), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Armenia and the Council of Europe (CoE) Office in Yerevan.
The summer school aims at raising awareness of PIL and respective branches among future lawyers and young professionals, as well as enhancing the efficiency of currently existing summer schools, moot courts or similar initiatives in the specific spheres of PIL, by ensuring a better entry-level knowledge of PIL among participants.
The key objective of the Course is to provide substantive knowledge on PIL and general knowledge of IHRL in an efficient manner.
The working language is Armenian.
The participants who will successfully complete the summer school will:
1. Receive a certificate,
2. Have an opportunity to participate in the selection process of specialized courses on International Humanitarian Law (organized by the ICRC in partnership with the American University of Armenia), for participation in which the basic knowledge in Public International Law is a prerequisite. The summer school will be held at American University of Armenia on 16-21 July 2018.
To find more information about the specialized summer course on IHL, please contact Iren Aloyan. Email: email@example.com.
Who can apply?
We invite applications from bachelor students who meet the following criteria:
- Law students having at least completed their 1st year of studies, or
- Students majoring in International Relations and Political Science, provided they have received at least 1 course on law and have otherwise relevant background or experience, or
- Specialists with lack of basic knowledge in PIL or IHRL, who, however, deal with issues in the mentioned fields in their everyday work;
- Good knowledge of English and Russian;
- Not an alumni/alumnus of previous editions of the PIL Summer course.
When is the deadline to apply?
The deadline for applications is 23:00H, June 25. Selected candidates will be notified by June 30.
How do I apply?
Please send a motivation letter detailing why you wish to participate in the summer school and your CV to the following E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How much does it cost?
There is no tuition or other fee, the summer school is absolutely FREE OF CHARGE.
What is the outline of the PIL Summer Course?
- A 5 day course on general PIL, tentatively covering the following topics:
- Nature & Development of PIL
- Sources of PIL
- Subjects of PIL
- Relationship between PIL and national law, implementation of PIL in national jurisdictions
- Responsibility under PIL
- Jurisdiction and Immunities under PIL
- A one day introduction into International Human Rights Law.
If you still have any question do not hesitate to contact the organizers:
Tel.: (+374 10) 27 21 32; (+374 77) 29 47 45.